Re: Scrolling the scrollback buffer.

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Scrolling the scrollback buffer.
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:45:38 -0500

* Jonathan Daugherty <address@hidden> [2006-03-29 11:03 -0800]:
> Is there a way to bind a key to scrolling the scrollback buffer such
> that I don't need to enter copy/scrollback mode each time I want to
> scroll?

No; screen can't wander around the scrollback buffer without entering copy
mode.

You might be able to get some use out of some keybindings I put together
a while back, though:

  bindkey "^[[5;2~" eval "copy" "stuff ^u"
  bindkey -m "^[[5;2~" stuff ^u
  bindkey -m "^[[6;2~" stuff ^d

Those cause Shift-PgUp to enter copy mode and go back a screen, just like
in xterm.  (I also had to unbind the keys in xterm so screen could see
them.)  Subsequent Shift-PgUp presses just go back a screen, while
Shift-PgDn goes down a screen for consistency.  You still have to hit
Escape (or whatever) to exit copy mode, but it makes it easier to enter it.

--- --
i have to admit that i did not do any manual reading or searching the
web.
                       -- Sven Guckes asks a question on zsh-users