help with "screen progname args"

From: Kresimir Cosic
Subject: help with "screen progname args"
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:44:52 +0200

I'm trying to make screen automatically start another program. First I tried:
screen telnet
and that works fine.

Then I tried to start one program that I made called "fooprog". fooprog is interactive, it reads from stdin and writes to stdout, and when run first asks for a password.

However, when I tried with:
screen fooprog
I got the message: [the screen is terminating].

If I just run the screen normally and then type fooprog, it works fine.

I also tried typing
screen ls
and also got message [the screen is terminating].

I would also like that when I type
screen fooprog
(or something similar), that screen keeps running even after fooprog terminates.

Please help.