Re: Running command to different screen

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Running command to different screen
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:17:12 -0400

* Mag Gam <address@hidden> [2006-07-20 20:26 -0400]:
> Thanks that works! Now what if my names are different? Currently I am naming
> each session as the hostname. Is it possible to run it to all my windows
> eventhough my names are different?

Yes, as long as you really mean "all".  Just use

  at # <command>

The '#' tells screen to match against windows numbers and titles, but
since you haven't provided any text, it matches everything.

If you want some windows, but not all, they'll need to all have some
portion of their titles in common.

> Also, are regular expressions allowed in :mode ?

Strictly speaking, it would be the screen commands that would have to
understand regular expressions, not colon mode.  But none of screen's
commands support regular expressions.  I don't think any of them even
support globbing characters.

--- --
The problem with using C++ ... is that there's already a strong tendency
in the language to require you to know everything before you can do
anything.
                       -- Larry Wall