emacs key binding

From: Pieter Luteijn
Subject: emacs key binding
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:54:15 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello,
> I would like to use emacs-style keys in screen for movement and cut &
> paste (mainly for the latter. for movement I can also use arrow keys).
> Is it possible? There's a short mention in the manual (which says it
> is not simple) but I did not find any usable example (or if I've seen
> it, I misunderstood it). Can somebody share with me the necessary key
> bindings or give me some hint?

I don't use emacs, so I might have gotten the key bindings for copy/paste
all wrong, but do you mean something like this:

bindkey -m ^@ stuff " " # ctrl-space -> space to start marking
bindkey -m ^[w stuff " " # alt-w -> space to stop marking and copy into
buffer
bindkey ^y paste . # ctrl-y to paste buffer

Probably this won't do, as you can't 'restart' marking, as that would just
set a second mark.

Pieter