waiting on screen within Make

From: Tom Drabenstott
Subject: waiting on screen within Make
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 05:08:28 -0000

Hi --

I'm using screen within a Makefile to launch jobs on
separate screens.  It works great except that when I
invoke screen within a screen session it creates
another screen and immediately returns (as expected).
But, what I really want is some way for the invoked
screen to only return after the new process ends or
some way to figure out the PID of the new process so
that the Makefile that called it can loop doing "kill
0", effectively waiting for it to die.

I'm kind of stumped on how to do this and am all
googled-out so any help or ideas of things to try
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Get your own web address.