Screen window closes on application exit

From: frayja
Subject: Screen window closes on application exit
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:15:54 -0000

Hello everyone,

I am using screen to start a number of windows in parallel. By calling
'screen -c script' the file 'script' is loaded and this file contains lines
like:
screen -t tab1 program1
screen -t tab2 program2
screen -t tab3 program3

This way a screen session is started and all programs are started and run in
parallel. However, when one of these programs exit, this window is
automatically closed. Because of this I am unable to view the output of the
program.

Question:
Is there a way to tell screen NOT to close the window once a program exits?
Or perhaps a trick that I can achieve the same result?

Regards,
Frayja