Re: remapping screen commands

From: cga2000
Subject: Re: remapping screen commands
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:57:21 -0500

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 04:21:29PM EST, Bill Pursell wrote:
> On 11/23/06, Eric Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I use `select' a lot and would like to map this to `s'
> >so that I may go:
> >: s mutt
> >to select window called mutt.
> >
> >how do I do this?
>
> I'm not sure I understand how that's preferrable to ^A '
> If i read you correctly, you want to type:
> ^A:s mutt
> instead of
> ^A' mutt
> Using the default keybinding seems more reasonable.

.. or plain ^A2 .. seems even more reasonable if you have a permanently
displayed status line and alway run the same apps in the the same tabs
as I do ..  Come to think of it .. seems I don't even need that hard
status line :-) .. I have a root shell in 0 .. vim in 1 .. mutt in 2 ..
slrn in 3 .. elinks in 4 ..  irc in 5 .. python shell in 6 .. etc.

Thanks,
cga