.bash_profile not executing?

From: Schiz0
Subject: .bash_profile not executing?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:40:59 -0400

Hey everyone,

I'm on FreeBSD-6.2-STABLE, using Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06

I log into my box using PuTTy from a Windows machine. The shell I'm
using is Bash. The prompt is set via .bash_profile to:
"address@hidden Jun 21 03:32 PM][bash: ~/.irssi/scripts] $"
(Not that the prompt has colors in it for the username and hostname)

But when I run "screen," the prompt is:
"address@hidden ~/.irssi/scripts]$"
With no color.

For some reason, it seems like screen is going back to the default
prompt. My .bash_profile is:
-----------------------------
alias vi=vim
alias rm='rm -i'

#Prompt
PS1="[\[\e[32;address@hidden address@hidden: \w] "
case 'id -u' in
       0) PS1="${PS1}# ";;
       *) PS1="${PS1}$ ";;
esac
-----------------------------

In addition, in screen, my aliases do not work. .bash_profile is only
ran when the shell is executed as a login shell, so screen must not be
running bash as a login shell.

My screenrc is located at: http://pastebin.ca/581922

There is nothing set up in the global files (the files in /etc/) for
bash - everything is set up in the users home dir.

Anyone know how I can solve this problem?

PS: I'm not on the mailing list, so please make sure you include my
address in any replies.

Thanks in advance!
~Schiz0