How to automatically attach to session, create new window and run a prog

From: Eugeny N Dzhurinsky
Subject: How to automatically attach to session, create new window and run a program?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:47:41 +0300

Hello!

I have somelike a strange requirement - I would like to create a script, which
will check if screen is already running, if so - open in in terminal (rxvt for
instance) and reattach to the screen session, and create new window then run
certain program in it. If there are no screen running, then create one and
invoke a program (the most simplest thing).

So far I know how to check whether a screen is already running, but I have no
idea how to reattach and create new window?

I tried this command: 'screen -d -r [pid] -e ^ac' - however it doesn't work as
desired.

Could somebody please advice?

Thanks!

--