Re: how to run some screen command automaticly when attach a session

From: envisage
Subject: Re: how to run some screen command automaticly when attach a session
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:15:11 +0800

thanks for the reply.
screen -X seems useful to my question. when i use scren -x , i got a
text garbled session. after execute "screen -X encoding gbk gbk " in a
window of this session or from another login tty(by putty). the text
garbled dismissed. I just want to know, however, how to execute this
automaticly when I attach a session.

I have set defencoding param in my .screenrc as below.
"
defencoding gbk
encoding gbk gbk
"
In fact, before i use these two lines, i needn't exectute "ctrl+a :
encoding gbk gbk". to avoide text garbled. On the other hand, without
these two lines. most content in screen session looks normaly(it's
encoding is gbk),but can't handle character encoding with big5
properly.(both big5 and gbk are encoding of chinese char. ) after
exectute "ctrl+a : encoding gbk gbk".  both gbk and big5 content looks
normaly in the same session's window.