Re: Opening a new window, and cd to the same directory as the current wi

From: samuel.lethiec
Subject: Re: Opening a new window, and cd to the same directory as the current window,no matter what I'm doing
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:48:16 +0100

> just the bare command "screen", when run within screen, creates a new

> window int he same dir as the window in which you typed it (i'm not

> sure what that window's "default directory" (the thing edited by

> chdir) is)

> is that what you want?

Thank you for your answer

well, the problem is when, for example, I'm on a remote box via ssh, I

don't want to issue screen at the prompt, since this would start a screen

(or open a new window) on the remote box, and that's not really what I

want.

I'd need something like the 'exec' command but which would take the

environment from the shell of the current window, not the parent shell