Re: Big paste in screen is slow and sometimes lost some characters

From: Sylvain
Subject: Re: Big paste in screen is slow and sometimes lost some characters
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:17:42 +0200

With cat, the same problem occurs (slow, flickering and lost characters) but it is more fast than vim.
For my test, I have put 500 lines (yy499p under vim) of "test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test" in clipboard and paste it into cat under screen and not under screen.
I have tested under 2 PC and the same problem occurs, can you test it ? Do you have an idea for the problem ?

2008/5/28 Trent W. Buck <address@hidden>:
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 01:16:45PM +0200, Sylvain wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm experiencing difficulties with paste (with the middle button, not paste
> function) in screen : if I paste 500 lines of text in vim under screen,
> screen is very slow, produce a flickering effect and lost some characters...
> If i made the same test not under screen : paste is ultra fast, there is not
> flickering and no characters lost.
>
> Did you have same problem ?
>
> For info : I'm running Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06 under Debian
> testing (utf-8).

Does the problem occur when running "cat >x" rather than vim?