Re: Screen has odd blank out behaviour

From: E69
Subject: Re: Screen has odd blank out behaviour
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:07:07 -0800 (PST)

Trent,

Thanks you for the critique and good example.  I'll try again.

Steps to reproduce:
  use a .screenrc configuration that only sets the term to xterm-color
  open a gnu screen session
  press return 4 times so you have some lines to use for judging
  enter emacs
  exit   emacs

What Happens:
  the prompt is now located on 6th line
  the lines entered before starting emacs including the line you typed emacs
on are not visible

What I expect:
  the 4 lines I hit enter for and the line I type the emacs command on to be
visible when I exit emacs.

I've performed these steps in the following environments with the same
results:
Apple Terminal.app
Apple X11 xterm
Apple X11 xterm ssh'ed to Ubuntu