More Mouse Info

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: More Mouse Info
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 04:09:10 -0400 (EDT)

The more apps I'm trying, the more I'm finding that I get perfect mouse support if I set my TERM within screen to "xterm", but with screen's default term and termcap, I can't seem to get it working. I've added:

termcapinfo xterm Km=\E[M

to my .screenrc, but it doesn't seem to help. (That is to say, it does not get added to my termcap).

This seems to be necessary with mc, w3m, nano, finch...the list goes on.

I suspect this might have to do with the couple of open bugs, and somehow bypassing the detections screen has put in place for me makes it work, but this feels like the wrong way to go about it (even if I know I'm always using an Xterm).

How is it others are reporting that these work without the tweaks I'm having to do?

-Dan