Re: terminal capability problem when login therough screen

From: Pia Mikeal
Subject: Re: terminal capability problem when login therough screen
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:38:58 -0500 (EST)

I usually just put something like the following in my .profile on remote servers

export TERM=vt100

because your problem is that the remote box does not know about the terminal type that your local screen sets it to. The reason I do this on a case by case basis rather than putting it in the local .screenrc is because I usually want to take advantage of the terminal settings I have in my local screen, but some of my servers only support vt100

HTH,

Pia