Re: Page-up feature in screen

From: Kipling Inscore
Subject: Re: Page-up feature in screen
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:26:51 -0700

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 07:48, VIGNESH PRABHU <address@hidden> wrote:
> ...I would like to know
> how I can browse output of any command which has increased more than the
> length of a normal screen(something similar to using shift-up in normal
> terminals.).

This can be done in a few ways. For at least xterm, you can get screen
to scroll with the terminal's scrolling mechanism (scroll bar,
shift-pgup, etc.) by adding the following line to your .screenrc
termcapinfo xterm ti@:te@
You might be able to get it to work for other terminals by replacing
"xterm" with the name of the terminal or with "*" to match all
terminals.
You can also use screen's copy mode, entered with ^a [ (ctrl-a
followed by left/opening bracket) or ^a ESC
To scroll up and down, while in copy mode use ^u and ^d
To exit copy mode, press a key that doesn't have a function in copy
mode, like ESC