Re: Why the delete key is not working?

From: Peter Beckman
Subject: Re: Why the delete key is not working?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:53:43 -0400

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Peng Yu wrote:

My local machine is mac. I ssh to a romote linux machine, where I run
screen. But the 'delete' key is not working anymore. To delete
anything I have to use 'x'. Is it designed this way in screen? Is
there a way to enable the 'delete' key?

 I had this problem, the fix was my shell on the remote box.

 I use TCSH, and had to use this snippet:

    switch ( $OSTYPE )
        case "darwin*":
            bindkey ^?      backward-delete-char
            bindkey ^[[3~   backward-delete-char                # for x
            breaksw;
        case "freebsd*":
        case "FreeBSD*":
            bindkey ^?      backward-delete-char
            bindkey ^H      backward-delete-char
            bindkey ^[[3~   backward-delete-char                # for x
            breaksw;
    endsw

 Maybe you're having the same trouble?  I ended up not having to use this
 after a few other tweaks to my system and terminal application.  Maybe
 this will help you figure out what your issue is.

Beckman
address@hidden                                 http://www.angryox.com/