Re: screen-users Digest, Vol 1064, Issue 1

From: mrbrown8
Subject: Re: screen-users Digest, Vol 1064, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 20:07:28 -0600

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:00:19 -0400 address@hidden writes:
> Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:24:07 +0200
> From: Jostein Berntsen <jbernts@
> Subject: Layouts and layout-dump
> To: address@hidden
>
> Layouts are a great feature, but they are not saved when a screen
> session is ended. There seems to be a possibilty to use "layout
> dump"
> for this, but I could not find any way to make screen use the
> layout-dump file. Can you give me some tips for that here?

You could either concatenate the dump file to your .screenrc file, source
the dump file from .screenrc, ^A:source the dump file from an already
started screen session, or dump directly to your .screenrc. If the file
you want to dump to already exists (be it your .screenrc or anything
else), screen will append to it. The dump file is just a set of screen
commands, human-readable and human-editable. HTH

--
Curtis Brown
address@hidden

Artery Clearing Secret
Nobel Prize Winning discovery cuts artery plaque by incredible 50%.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c0860c2eba4f5b0c7m03vuc