Re: New shells opening at / in screen?

From: Kevin Van Workum
Subject: Re: New shells opening at / in screen?
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:30:42 -0400

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:10 AM, seanh <address@hidden> wrote:
Anyone know why this might be happening? Just recently, whenever I open a new shell in screen it starts in the root directory (/) instead of in my homedir. If I start a new shell outside of screen it starts in my homedir. I don't think there's anything unusual in my screenrc that would cause this, but here it is anyway:

defencoding UTF-8

# Status bar
hardstatus on
hardstatus alwayslastline
hardstatus string "%{.bW}%-w%{.rW}%n %t%{-}%+w %=%{..G} %H "

# Lines of history to keep
defscrollback 5000

# Use the X Windows scrolling mechanism (scrollbar or whatever) instead of
# screen's awkward C-a [.#
termcapinfo xterm* ti@:te@

# When you open a text editor like nano in screen and then close it, the
# text may stay visible in your terminal. To fix this, put the following in
# your ~/.screenrc:
altscreen on

# Enable 256-color terminal
#term screen-256color
term xterm

# Turn welcome message off
startup_message off

Maybe you ran screen from /. You could use the "chdir" command to change it to your home dir. See the manpage for details on chdir.