Re: Set konsole tab title from screen session name

From: Bruce Edge
Subject: Re: Set konsole tab title from screen session name
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:27:52 -0800

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Brandon Boles <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:00:09PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:15:11 -0800
> From: Bruce Edge <address@hidden>
> Subject: Set konsole tab title from screen session name
> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> Can this be done?
> I'd like screen to set the konsole tab name text when the shell in a konsole tab is connected to a named screen session.
>
> -Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I have this function setup in my .bashrc:

title () {
 qdbus org.kde.konsole $KONSOLE_DBUS_SESSION org.kde.konsole.Session.setTabTitleFormat 0 "$*"
}

I have this in my .screenrc:

at 4 stuff "title Email
"

I don't believe this is exactly what you want, but may give you some ideas.  BTW, the qdbus command
above did not work correctly until KDE 4.5 (I think, see KDE bug 183963).

Nice! that's _exactly what I'm looking for.

I really do need to pay more attention to that "dbus thing" :-)

Thanks!

-Bruce

--
Brandon Boles