Ctrl + Right and Right send same Key Sequence in Putty > Screen > Vim

From: Bryan Ruiz
Subject: Ctrl + Right and Right send same Key Sequence in Putty > Screen > Vim
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:06:09 -0500

hi.. so im using putty > screen > vim and screen is sending the same sequence for Ctrl+Right and Right in application mode for vim.

There is an option to make putty send the cursor mode sequences (disable application cursor keys mode) when in application mode and that works, but when screen is introduced, something isn't right.

How would I go about fixing this?  Ideally I'd like screen to send the key sequence that putty is sending.

With Screen (in Vim):

Right = ^[OC

Ctrl + Right = ^[OC

With Screen (not in Vim)