Re: clipboard and vim

From: Paul Ackersviller
Subject: Re: clipboard and vim
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 20:28:13 +0000

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 05:46:33PM -0400, ping wrote:
> I tried that and it looks good, in terms that my apps inside screen
> now get retained across X reboot...but then I find another issue
> that make it hard to use this approach in practice:
> it looks now I can't copy$paste between vim and other apps, or even
> between vim instances I was running inside screen...
> previously I can at least achieve that with following vim config:
>
> if match($TERM, "screen")!=-1
>   set term=xterm
>   let g:GNU_Screen_used = 1
> else
>   let g:GNU_Screen_used = 0
> endif
>

> function! InScreen(command)
>   return g:GNU_Screen_used ? 'screen '.a:command : a:command
> endfunction

This is now just a problem with vim and not specific to screen, correct?
I don't know why any of the above is ever necessary, unless it's some sort
of workaround for the use of ttymouse.  If you're setting ttymouse in vim
(or maybe someone else is setting it for you), you need to hold down a shift
key for vim to ignore mouse clicks and pass them through to the terminal.