Forcing screen to stay open after [cmd] is completed...

From: Zak Kinion
Subject: Forcing screen to stay open after [cmd] is completed...
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:30:12 +0700

Hello all,

Basically my goal is:

run screen:

screen -d -m python myscript.py

which then moves it into the background.  myscript.py also launches
some other python scripts over time.

However, once myscript.py ends, then all the other scripts are gone
forever, since the screen closes too.  They are not running at all
under ps aux | grep otherscript.py

I CAN just simply go:

screen

and hit enter after the welcome message, and then run:  python
myscript.py and all is well....

However this takes a lot longer and is harder for me to automate for my means.

I'm basically looking for one command or argument that I can send to
screen to have it run:

screen -d -m python myscript.py   and NOT die when myscript.py terminates.

Thank you

--
Zak Kinion
address@hidden