Re: Two column layout

From: Kevin Van Workum
Subject: Re: Two column layout
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:51:37 -0500

2012/1/13 Axel Beckert <address@hidden>
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:30:53AM -0600, Rhys Ulerich wrote:
> Is it possible to have two panes hold a single window (much like a two
> column layout in a magazine)?
>
> It'd be sweet to have

> where A, B, C, D, E, F are sequential lines from, say, a text editor
> and | is a screen split.  Especially on a wide-but-not-tall monitor.

Try Ctrl-A | (i.e. the pipe symbol). Should do it with more recent
versions of screen.

I don't think that's what the OP meant. He's looking for a single window with 2 columns. Not 2 windows with 1 column each. The left column would have lines 1 to N/2 and the right column would have lines N/2+1 to N. I suppose the cursor would be located in the right column and as the window buffer filled, the left column would scroll the top portion of the buffer.

I'm not sure this is possible, but it would be useful.

-Kevin