Re: Identifier matching in the at command

From: Adrian Fita
Subject: Re: Identifier matching in the at command
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 20:57:28 +0200

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 13:48, Adrian Fita <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I'm interested in matching only a list of windows (title or numbers)
> or a range of numbers. Is this possible? If yes, how?

Seeing there doesn't seem to be an answer too soon, I poked around in
the source code at http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git and I
think I found the code that parses the identifier in the "at" command.
It's located in the file process.c and begins at line no 1587. There,
at line 1605 I found the following:

if (strncmp(args[0], fore->w_title, n))
                      continue;

It seems that the title is only matched with a srtcnmp, not at all
with some regexp which would allow some advanced expressions for
matching the title. So I guess I'll have to make do with the three
matching methods I mentioned in the previous message. Am i right?

--
Fita Adrian