resume screen sessions after a shutdown: checkpointing?

From: Pier Giuseppe Fogli
Subject: resume screen sessions after a shutdown: checkpointing?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:35:21 +0200

Hi,
although this question is not directly related to screen
I'm looking for people who already might have found a solution.
I use screen on several remote hosts (mostly Linux and IBM AIX)
taking full advantage of the session management, so I just need
to log on the remote host and resume my everyday's work reattaching
to my screen sessions.
The problem is that screen sessions get lost when a remote host
reboots or shuts down.
So I'm wondering if there exist a way to automatically save the
screen session before a reboot or shut down and resume it when
the host starts up again.
In particular I'm thinking to automatic checkpointing of the screen
session, in a way similar to the checkpointing feature supported
by many batch queue systems.

Is there any screen user who use something similar?

Thsnks in advance!