Re: screen -s -/bin/bash

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: screen -s -/bin/bash
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:36:27 -0600

> Hmm. "screen -s -/bin/bash" starts a login shell for me.

Bizarre.  Do you have something in your ~/.screenrc forcing that?  Or are your ~/.bashrc and ~/.profile setup to make those cases indistinguishable?

> Did you try putting '-/bin/bash' in single quotes. That should escape the dash.

No change.  Bash strips the single quotes providing the same arguments to the screen binary as without the single quotes.  Any escaping will have to be at the screen level.

Thanks for the suggestions.

- Rhys