Re: GNU screen 4.2.1 in xterm: hardstatus in window title disappears

From: Alan
Subject: Re: GNU screen 4.2.1 in xterm: hardstatus in window title disappears
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 00:10:53 -0400

NOTE: If replying to me, please include my email in the CC: or TO: field of the email, as I am not on the screen-users list. Otherwise, I will not receive the reply. Thanks!

I'm running screen on Ubuntu 14.04, but I get the same undesired behavior on Mac OS X (with screen 4.2.1 compiled from source using MacPorts), and also Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6.

If anyone could get it working for one platform or the other, it would probably work regardless of platform.

Thanks for your reply.