New to sceen need help with copy and paste key bind

From: frank ernest
Subject: New to sceen need help with copy and paste key bind
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:59:06 +0200

I'm having trouble with screen binding keys, here's the .screenrc file.

ingnorecase on
markkeys ^[=^k:^]=^y
startup_message off

I wanted to bind ^k and ^y the readline kill and yank or cut and paste keys to
the cut and paste functionality of screen but screen asks if I want to kill the
current window when I hit ^a (for screen command) and ^k (for kill.) Also, am I
under the correct understanding when I say that to set the mark for the
beginning of the text to kill I have to hit "space" and then when I reach the
end of the text to kill I hit "space" again?

Thanks