Re: Help with keybinding and exec command

From: David Woodfall
Subject: Re: Help with keybinding and exec command
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 21:56:28 +0000

Can you provide more details?

bind h exec /usr/bin/htop

works for me to start htop and returns when I quit.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:42 PM, dan d. <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

Years ago I had a screenrc with a key binding that allowed using the exec
command.

It would drop me to a sub-shell and return when finished.

Despite all attempts to duplicate it from google examples and poor recall,
I have had only failures.

Can someone help me please with a sample keybinding and/or other info that
would do this?

Thnks.

XB

You can also bind to open a new screen with a command and have it
close when you quit:

bind z screen /usr/bin/htop