Re: Binding GBP Pound Key

From: Michael Grant
Subject: Re: Binding GBP Pound Key
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 15:04:28 -0500

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 06:31:02PM +0000, David Woodfall wrote:
> I use a UK keyboard and Shift 3 gives me a £ symbol. I've been binding
> Shift+numbers but that one gives an error:
>
> bind: character, ^x, or (octal) \032 expected.
>
> I tried the octal \243 but I keep getting the same error.
>
> Any ideas how to fix that so I can use it?

I start screen with the -U option.  I don't know if I have to but it
mentioned utf-8 in the man page and thought that it might be a good
idea.

I don't have this problem at all.  I also use a UK keyboard, the £ key
generates the unicode code 0xa3 which goes straight in as unicode and
gets displayed as a £ when displayed.  It's working fine even as I
type this email in emacs inside mutt inside screen.

Michael Grant