security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 18:02:11 +0300

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 09:37:24AM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> The GNU project nor GNU Radio conducted itself in any such shape or
> form, repeating a lie does not make it true.
>
>    When a part of the GNU project blocks Tor users, the project as a
>    whole (if it must be viewed as a whole) therefore blocks Tor users.
>
> GNU Radio, nor the GNU project is blocking anyone.  Please redirect
> your complaints to CloudFare (which have fixed their setup to allow
> Tor, see Svetlanas' comment on that, by the way).

I cannot agree to that reasoning. A project should be consistent, and
I wonder why the official GNU software cannot be consistent in its
hosting, isn't the hosting most easiest matter to solve today?

And it should be quite easy to make one's own CDN or Content Delivery
Network. Free software is available for such, including under the GNU
GPL:
http://www.fromdev.com/2011/06/create-cdn-content-delivery-network.html

So the choice for GNU software to be hosted with Cloudflare, is very
poor choice. Programmers know it better.

Finally, GNU has so many mirrors, it offers already best service to
users worldwide. Opportunities are all there, they are just not used.

Jean Louis