self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] SELF Platform development

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] SELF Platform development
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:48:52 +0530

I propose that we move self platform development and testing issues to
the savannah mailing list.  As a group we have been discussing the
development, features to add, or drop and so on in the TEG list so
far.  Soon the platform and its software will be available as a
installable free software and it can be used by the community for
several purposes.

Therefore, it is prudent for us to change most of our discussions at
address@hidden

I request all of you to join the mailing list at
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/self-platform-dev

Also to note is to use the savannah project site for posting the bugs,
tracking the bugs  and posting documentatiion etc.

Just a small note on the update on where we are now on the development status:

gnowsys 1.0 is ready with postgresql as the storage.  earlier versions
used to store the data in Zope as objects within the zodb.

The current beta.selfplatform.eu is running on Zope.  We have now
started the migration work.  Sofar we have migrated the users.

Next step in the coming two days will be to migrate the data from the
beta.selfplatform eu into the postgres.

Followed by linking the templates to the new database.  This process
of migrating the data and linking the tempaltes will take about a
week.

hope to see you all on savannah soon.

Nagarjuna