self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] Re: [teg] platform-updates

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Re: [teg] platform-updates
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 07:50:50 +0100

Nagarjuna G. wrote:
http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/collectionview.

I just tried out a few things and most of what is implemented in the UI now, seems to work, at least this is what I experienced: 1. I could browse the collections, added a collection, and a course within, and then I dived into the databases collection and course
2. I could browse the course on databases:
http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/lessonsview?ssid=905
I observe that the URL structure has improved seriously! Also I see the
creation date and the author of a LO in the top of the right panel. I
wonder how it looks when we have various authors.
3. I logged in as selfuser
4. Edit and delete buttons within the course didn't yet respond
5. I added content within the course, which worked well. The newly
implemented rich text editor seems to work well. I recognise the
NicEdit.com in there :)
6. The current user interface reflects already much more Niyam's HID
design proposals. Good work!
7. I clicked on "shelf" but that's not yet available (I got a 404):
http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/shelf_manage
8. Clicking on preferences I changed the UI language for the selfuser to
Spanish. When confirming so, I got the error message as below.
Translated it starts with "You have been registered. Error in the
site..." In any case that part is indeed Spanish! But: laterthe
interface didn't change to Spanish.

Usted ha sido registrado.
Error en el sitio

Este sitio encontró un error intentando completar su petición. Los
errores fueron:

Tipo de Error
    UnicodeDecodeError
Valor del Error
    'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 14: ordinal not in
range(128)
Petición hecha en
    2008/02/08 07:28:08.491 GMT+1

Good work, guys! I hope you manage to give us an impression of the versioning though. We will discuss in an hour or two with the SELF Board about it.

best,

Wouter