self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] main collections are in!

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] main collections are in!
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:13:42 +0100

Congrats to the SELF-DEV team for their hard work! The migration is well underway.

I just worked on adding the initial collections, at least the first 10 top-level collections and a few subcollections. Note that the collection manager is not yet ready so please don't add test collections yet, as this one of our faces to the outer world :)

http://bselfish.selfplatform.eu:8888/SELF/collectionview

* Collections adding error*

I just tried to add the collection SELF at: http://bselfish.selfplatform.eu:8888/SELF/add_collection

and when you don't select a main collection you get the error at the end. I suggest adding a message on the screen in such cases, sth like this: "When adding a new collection, you should select in what existing collection (the broader topic) the new one should be located. If it is a completely new topic, that cannot be related to any existing, select then the top level collection "Default Category". And place the "add collection screen again.

I also notice that "Default Category" could be better renamed into something like "top level collection" as I think that is easier understood.

Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors were:

Error Type
    KeyError
Error Value
    'categoryids'