self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] platform-updates

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] platform-updates
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:32:41 +0200

Hi Rajiv!

nair rajiv wrote:
---- A new course component "*Discuss*" similar to Faq has been added (It's a tab near the FAQ tab) so that authors and contributors could have discussions on that particular course . Since the discussion should start on some topic the user has to first add a '*Discussion Topic*' and then the '*Discussions*' may happen
based on the topic.
good work!
I just checked it out. Here's my observations:
* I added a Discussion Topic. that seems to work well
* I added a discussion entry in that topic. The form asked for a "question" and "answer". AFAIK that refers to FAQ question-answers. In this context I suggest we'd better use other terms. For example "title" and "content" would be more neutral.
* once saved the entry, I cannot edit it. How come?

Please check:
http://beta.selfplatform.eu/SELF/lessonsview?ssid=18599
And I still would like to make external links to the various objects in a course! For example from here, directly to the topic or entry... That's the feature request about the URL structure: http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?23291 which unfortunately is not yet assigned nor commented. How's the plans on that?

Thank you
thank you for the good work!

best,

Wouter