self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] no random password

From: Nagarjuna G
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] no random password
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:45:10 +0200

Julian Fox wrote:
Hi
when installing the SELF platfrom from the disk picked up in Barcelona recently, no random password is generated at the end of the install. The file is there but it is empty.

What do I do next?

You may have installed the server in /opt/Plone-2.5.2/. The password file is stored in that directory, the file name is adminPassword.txt. If you really do not have that, I am afraid, some other things may have gone wrong too.

Anyway, if every other thing went right, you can set a new password by using 'zpasswd.py' script in the folder bin or execute the following command

/opt/Plone-2.5.2/bin/zpasswd.py -u admin ../zeocluster/client1/inituser

then restart zope from /opt/Plone-2.5.2/zeocluster/bin/startcluster.sh or restartcluster.sh as apropriate.

Also tell us details of your OS, so that we might understand the reasons of failure.

Nagarjuna