self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] possible collaboration for SELF localisation

From: David Jacovkis
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] possible collaboration for SELF localisation
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:34:27 +0100

Hi all,

last Saturday I gave a talk on SELF at the Wikimedia Netherlands Conference. There I talked with Siebald Mazeland from the Translatewiki project. This is an online tool for the localisation of software http://translatewiki.net

They localise Mediawiki+extensions and a few other projects. He's offering to include SELF in their project pool and have their volunteers get started translating the system messages to Dutch, French, Arabic and Egyptian Spoken Arabic. He gave me a demo of the platform and it looks simple and efficient.

If we're interested in their help, they'd need the source .po files, and ideally commit access to upload the translated files. Check his message attached below. What do you think?

Cheers,
^dj