shaman-x-public

[Sh-X] MySQL-Shaman-X project opening

From: Dominique Chabord
Subject: [Sh-X] MySQL-Shaman-X project opening
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:10:14 +0100

Hello everybody,

We are starting a new work to implement mySQL failover on slaves and create
a fully integrated platform for this. Shaman database recovery kit will
include a configuration wizard and a graphic interface for operations. It
supports multiple slaves, and node return from repair. It is based on wdx
cdx, hdx and ... mySQL. It will reuse part of the work we are currently
finalizing for disk replication management based on DRBD.

Welcome contributions examples:
- comments on project documents (few) and technical design as it is under
discussion today
- critical review of faiover scripts and policies
- beta testing of the recovery kit
- any others.
Of course no commitment to deliver is requested.

Planning: we hope to deliver an alpha version of the kit in May.

This project will excange on this list, but traffic will certainly remain
very low.

Thank you for your contribution and attention to Shaman-X high-availability
project.
regards
Dominique