Re: [Simulavr-devel] gdb interrupt patch.

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] gdb interrupt patch.
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:50:50 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, address@hidden wrote:

:)I have test the patch now and it is as I expect that it is.
:)It is not a good idea to sent SIGILL to gdb if the 0x03 is detected.
:)The loop gets aborted, but not because of 0x03, but because of the
:)received $g#67. If you continue now in gdb it says:
:)"Can't send signals to this remote system.  SIGILL not sent." but it
:)continues and simulavr does also continue.

I screwed up on this. I'll fix it today.

:)explaining and need no further comments. You should comment the fact
:)that gdb_parse_packet can return because of 2 different reasons. It is
:)not so simple to understand this by a novice.

I'm sure this still needs some work. When I got done with it last night, I
was too tired to really think long and hard on it. Should be able to clean
it up quite a bit today.

:)
:)I will not provide a patch, because you are working on this. I am still
working
:)on some autoconf/automake extensions for the docu. I will finish this in the
:)night.
:)
:)Then I will start to make a script to build gdb and simulavr from scratch. It
:)is not for me and not for you, but for the other people on the net, which are
:)not so familar with patch, configure and make.
:)This will take 2 days I think. Then I will play with the external interface of
:)simulavr.
:)
:)Do you know where I can put the precompiled binaries?
:)I have not so much webspace. I think we can put them to savannah, but I don't
:)know it.

We can put them on savannah.

Ted