Re: [Simulavr-devel] gdbserver outer loop fix

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] gdbserver outer loop fix
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:08:14 +0100

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Theodore Roth wrote:

> Reinhard,
>
> I think this should fix the problem with exiting the outer loop with a
> Ctrl-c which you noticed the other day. I can't test this while on the
> road, but I was able to get it to compile. Can you test it for me? If it
> works, I'll check it in when I get home.
Seems, that you have now implemented the different return values, which I
have suggested a week ago.

I have tested it and it doesn't fix it.
"<cntrl-c>, cont" still works and can be repeated as long as you like.
If you do "<cntrl-c>, step" the behavour has changed.
<cntrl-c> isn't detected by gdb. I had to do <cntrl-c> in simulavr, which gives

Remote communication error: Connection reset by peer.
putpkt: write failed: Broken pipe.

in gdb
and

ERROR: file ../../src/gdbserver.c: line 109: read failed: Interrupted system
call in simulavr.

I have no time to look into this problem, but I think gdb will not check
<cntrl-c>, because it sends
(output from simulavr)