[Simulavr-devel] new features added (multiple cores, external pin to pi

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] new features added (multiple cores, external pin to pin connection)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:16:05 +0200

Hi developers,

I have added some more features to "my" version of simulavr.

It is now possible to run multiple cores in one simulavr. The
clock-speed of each
core can be set individual. The time is served by central clock manager.

The IO pins are now connectable over a "net" object. The net object
collects
all connected pins in a simple list and manage the distribution and
calculation
of the resulting signal.

a new type of special cores is intruduced:
I have made a special version of 8515 where one register in IO-space is
directly connected
to a fifo of the host filesystem. So these core can write bytes to the
fifo with writing
to it own io-space. I use that feature to make a printf-debugger
available :-)

It is also possible to build an special lcd core for example.
So it would be possible to write the lcd-controller software with atmel
c or assembler.
This is in fact not a fast but a simple solution, while it is possible
reuse the io features of an existing core with the special io-region
in-output features. It should be possible to manipulate the external
simulavr clock manager to let the core sleep until the level of pins to
the lcd change.

Also a pc-keyboard simulation is one of the targets of this new
feature...

I also fixed a lot of bugs in the different hardware simulations
(timer0..3)

Bye
        Klaus