[Simulavr-devel] Simulavr Questions

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr Questions
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:08:33 -0800 (PST)

Ted:

I've got the USB devices working with the current CVS files you sent me.
I'm now trying to "add in" the functionality I had before, such as the
ADC, SPI, and USB.  I'm starting out with the ADC.  Here are my questions:

1.  With regards to passing info to the new function "adc_create", is the
reg->data the best parameter to use?  (It's a pain that it's actually a
pointer, but I see why.)  It seems a more appropriate choice than
reg->related.

2.  Any clues why I'm getting this warning when I launch simulavr?
devsupp.c:332: MESSAGE: attach: IO Reg 'ADCSR' at 0x0027: created
device.c:83: WARNING: Default AddAddr called [addr=0x28; 'ADMUX']
devsupp.c:316: MESSAGE: attach: IO Reg 'ADMUX' at 0x0028: ref = 0x0027

In device.c it says:
This generate a warning that the should let the developer know that the
    vdev needs to be updated. */

What do I need to do?

3.  Now the hard one.  All the USB "registers" start at address 0x1fa0.
Is this going to be a problem when I define them in the .io_reg section?
I don't know where else I could put them.  I thought I'd seen a check
somewhere on the upper bounds of the io section, but now I can't find it
in the code.

Thanks.  It looks like my work email is up again, but I'm copying this to
my personal email just in case.  If you could please reply to both, I
would appreciate it.

Keith