[Simulavr-devel] Reading Values into Ports

From: Thomas . Schulze
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Reading Values into Ports
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:49:26 +0100

Hi!
I use simulavr under Windows as a target for the gnu debugger to debug an
application
for ATmega16 (in C++).
Everthing works just fine except for the reading of portpins.
I invoke the simulavr from my programmer's notepad(PN) via a mekfile, so I get
the output of simulavr in a specail window in PN. Everytime I try to read a port
value, I get a message saying something like:
Enter a byte of data to read into 0x0036
Well, the address is one of the addresses I read, the problem is,
I enter a value (in PN), hir [return] and that's it. Nothing more happens, until
the debugger reaches some timeout reporting "invalid hex digit" or so.
So, how do I enter values correctly?
Is there a way to specifiy some file, where these values can be entered?
Thancs tom