Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trigger external interrupt?

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trigger external interrupt?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:08:47 +0200

Hi Lars,

I just installed simulavrxx (0.8.006) and I am trying now to simulate
some inputs. Namely I want to trigger an External Interrupt.

Following checkdebug.py, I created an ExtPin and connected it to "D2"
(where INT0 is located on a at90s4433). But toggling the pin in the UI
doesn't trigger the interrupt.

OK, please send me your original avr source code, I will try to reproduce your problem as soon as possible. I have never used python in my life so I prefer tcl code. But please send me also your py file so that I am able
to learn about :-)

So how can I generate such an interrupt? (From the UI or better yet from
a python script).

Simply by changing the signal according to the interrupt mask you have set (rising, falling or on level).

Second, is there any documentation about the interface (being it cpp,
tcl or python)? Or at least some file, where the interface is more
readable than in simulavr.py?

Actually there is only the documentation in the doc path. Yes, we all know that there must!!! come more and I will support especially your questiion and write it directly to the doc :-)))

Thanks for using simulavrxx, every problem report is highly welcome to get a good simulation.

So please send me your original source file and the command line you have used to build your program. Also
your avr-libc (if used) and compiler versions are sensefull.

Thanks
  Klaus