[simulavr-devel] Simulavr make errors

From: Micah Carrick
Subject: [simulavr-devel] Simulavr make errors
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:32:18 -0800

I'm just getting involved with working with AVRs-- coming from PICs. I just tinker as a hobbyist. Anyway, I came across a few problems installing both simulavr and simulavrxx that I thought I'd mention in case y'all are already familiar with them and can perhaps help me out. I was also wondering, what is the plan with simulavr vs. simulavrxx. I notice simulavrxx only supports a few devices thus far, and I'm working with an ATMega8 which is why I ended up using simulavr instead. Just curious.

With Simulavr:
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
disp.c: In function ‘disp_parse_packet’:
disp.c:818: warning: ‘areg’ may be used uninitialized in this function

Which I was able to bypass by removing the -Werror flag in the configure script. Next, also during make there was:

texi2html -split_node ./simulavr.texi
** Unknown command address@hidden' (left as is)
** Unknown command address@hidden' (left as is)
mv *.html html
mv: cannot stat `*.html': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [html] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mcarrick/avr/software/simulavr-0.1.2.2/doc'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I was hoping to get some help with that one. The program still seems to be working fine, but the documentation isn't built and nobody ever likes seeing make errors. Next, with simulavrxx I had that same error as is pointed out in the bugs section of the website in which the hwport.h file isn't included in at4433.h. But then, I also had a problem with Python.h not being found. I resolved that by changing the include from #include <Python.h> to #include <python2.4/Python.h> which I thought was weird. Python-devel is installed on my distribution (FC4) through an RPM.

Cheers,
Micah