Re: [Simulavr-devel] pull-down and reset in simulavrxx

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] pull-down and reset in simulavrxx
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:14:03 +0200

Hi Gang,

good explaination, Klaus. I'll take both issues (Reset + Levels) to the next documentation.

BTW: Bill what has happened to my last documentation update? Is that blown away with a tornado, or burned by a bush fire or gone down with the high water? A next update including a LCD example is close to become finish...

Cheers
Knut

Klaus Rudolph schrieb:

What is not possible?
Most in the world :-)
Does the reset pin not work?
No, there is no reset pin available actually.
Are pulldowns impossible?
no, pulldown is possible. There are 5 logical states T->Tristate, H->a hard high, h->pull up, l->pullDown, L hard Low.
The logic of pins is calculated by a very simple logic:
tristate is overwritten by any other logic value,
pull/up down are overwritten by "hard" levels.
concurrent hard levels are calculated as "short circuit".
I don't know what will be happened if pull up is connected to pull down... maybe try it out.

There is no real current calculation behind that logic and there is no timing for rise times and something else. It is only a stupied logic for connecting some pins for software simulation, not a new implementation of spice :-)

If I have to do a reset "by hand",
how do I keep it in reset for a while?
if teh core is not run before, simply remove it from the clock, after that run it through the reset
Remove it from time's todo list?
Yes if not run before.

If you will run the device and do a reset later, simply call AvrDevice::Reset(), this will also the reset all hardware parts of the device.

It should be simple to run the Reset from the core by using an io pin if you like to do some changes on simulavr :-)

Sorry for the first answer. Seems to be "a bit" unclear :-)

Regards
Klaus