Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATMega168

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATMega168
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:10:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Lukas Kropatschek wrote:

> How easy would you guys think would it be to create a new device such as the
> ATMega168?
>
> Basically only some registers have other memory addresses and have diffrent
> names.
> Should I try to just "copy" the ATMega128 code and change the regs or am I
> missing something?

Alas, you are missing something.
The first thing I noticed when I tried it was that
a pin (I don't remember which one) was inverted.
The next thing was that the timers were different.
I think that none of the 168 timers correspond to a 128 timer.
Someone will need to write 3 new timers.
I'll probably get back to it some day,
but not today.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)