[Simulavr-devel] cygwin works!!!

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] cygwin works!!!
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:14:10 -0500

Hi,

I now have it so configure/make will produce a
running simulavr.exe.  I do NOT have avr-gcc
installed so did not build the examples.  I copied
fred from Linux for testing.  My Cygwin did not
have tex installed so I detected that and disabled
PDF generation.  So there is plenty more to test
but the biggest hurdle has been crossed.

The main problem was that we needed getopt()
from libcygwin.a but were getting conflicts
by picking up some symbols from libiberty.a first.
I added libcygwin.a before it and it started working.

The other issue was a slight rework of src/Makefile.am
since you can't have the same objects in a libtool
and non-libtool library on Cygwin.  I tinkered
and fixed the Makefile.

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985