Re: [Simulavr-devel] kbdgentables

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] kbdgentables
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:52:22 -0500

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Joel Sherrill wrote:

I had similarly wondered about the output of swig.  Does it ever
change?

I think it might change, possibly even when compiling against
different versions of the target libraries (Tcl, Python, Perl),
although I'm not really sure about that.
OK.  We can defer on that until we know more.

Look up AM_MAINTAINER_MODE in the automake
documentation.  That is the standard mechanism to
handle situations like this.  If we add that, you will
have to "--enable-maintainer-mode" to have dependency
tracking enabled on configure.ac and Makefile.am changes.

Not a big deal but a side-effect that needs to be public.

If you guys want, I will implement this next week.
I would also like to suggest we generate the documentation
outputs (info, pdf, and html) and consider generating that
part of maintainer mode.
Btw., I hope I have eventually found a maintainer for the Python SWIG
bindings.

Great.

--joel